A Natural Prescription for Supporting Digestion and Balancing pH: Learn to monitor, detect and modify interrelated imbalances in order to optimize health
with RoseMarie Pierce, November 24-25, 2018
As a Holistic Pharmacist, RoseMarie draws upon her more than 45 years of experience in both natural and conventional medicine to explore the relationship between digestion, the internal body’s pH, and many of today’s common health concerns. She weaves her practical knowledge of stomach acid and pH testing methods, natural supplement formulations, and extensive retail product knowledge into a guide for both the practitioner and the consumer.
This 2-day intensive workshop provides an in-depth yet practical understanding of the upper part of the digestive system, including the role of stomach acid, enzymes, bile salts and pancreatic juices. Students will learn the following: the fundamentals of alkaline- and acid-forming foods, buffering agents and their effects on the pH of the body’s fluids and stomach acid, and how to correct the imbalances and restore both pH and stomach acid secretions. Participants will also gain a practical understanding of how digestive supplements and digestive aids work, the different types, and their effective applications.
Day 1 will focus on upper GI digestive disorders, the effects of certain foods, lifestyle habits, drugs and their toll on the body’s internal pH.
- Review digestive processes and the importance of digestive enzymes, bile salts and stomach acid
- Explore methods for determining and correcting low stomach acid levels
- Learn about the gut-brain connection and the enteric nervous system
- Understand the effects of stress, negative emotions, the power of the mind
- Evaluate the effects of acid-blocking drugs, antacids and curtain foods on digestion, the gut lining and pH balance
- Learn how to help relieve bloating, gas, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation and inflammation of the intestinal lining
- Understand the benefits and contraindications of certain supplements, i.e. digestive and systemic enzymes, HCl supplements, activated charcoal, bone broth, glutamine, N-acetyl-glucosamine plus more
Day 2 will focus on the body’s internal pH, inflammation, and disease conditions attributed to or exacerbated by low-grade acidosis.
- Develop the connection between an alkaline body and an acidic stomach
- Discuss how to detect and support optimal mineral bioavailability and absorption
- Explore how to monitor and adjust pH levels for different health conditions
- Review how the lungs and kidneys are involved in acid-base balance and the role of bicarbonate
- Understand oxalate and kidney stone formation; how to create urinary alkalization with foods and supplementation
- Learn how low-grade acidosis effects: bone density, arthritis, nitric oxide levels, poor healing, low energy, memory, and poor athletic performance
Samples as well as written instructions will be provided for testing pH and stomach acid.
RoseMarie Pierce, B.Sc. Pharm, earned her degree in Pharmacy from Dalhousie University in 1972. After extensive studies in herbology and nutritional medicine, RoseMarie integrated these disciplines with her pharmacy practice to become Canada’s first Holistic Pharmacist. She is recognized as one of Canada’s well-loved integrated health spokespeople.
Throughout her career, she has researched and formulated natural medicines, and lectured across Canada on holistic health with a special emphasis on women’s hormonal health, digestive issues, cognitive wellness, eye health, inflammation and pH balance.
RoseMarie has a natural ability to present technical information in an easy-to-understand format and acts as a catalyst for individuals who wish to improve their health, enjoy vitality and realize their potential.
She is the senior product formulator and the Direct of Educational Director & Research for Prairie Naturals Health Products. She has over 45 years of extensive experience in both the Natural Health Industry as well as in conventional medicine.
Saturday and Sunday, November 24-25, 2018, 9:00am- 5:00pm
Regular – $300 (Early Bird – $285, until October 1)
Students* – $275 (Early Bird – $250, until October 1)
PRC Alumni – $285 (Early Bird – $265, until October 1)
*PRC diploma students will receive 1 NU academic credit for this workshop.
To register, please click on the registration button below. Full payment is due at time of registration to confirm placement in the course. Payment can be made via MasterCard or Visa, debit, cash and cheque.
For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person 30 days or more before the start of the course, registrants will receive a full tuition refund less a $40 non-refundable registration fee. For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person more than 14 days but less than 30 days before the start of the course, registrants will receive a 50% tuition refund. Without exception, no refunds will be given for course withdrawals less than 14 days before the start of the course.