Channel Examination and Diagnosis: An exploration of classical acupuncture technique
with Jason D. Robertson, October 22-23, 2016
This Workshop is Sold Out!
Channel examination is a classical diagnostic approach not often taught in modern acupuncture schools in the west. Emphasized in the earliest acupuncture texts (Nei Jing/Nan Jing), examination of the channels is extremely helpful for confirming diagnosis and refining point selection.
This two-day class will focus on learning the basics of channel examination with a specific focus on palpation through interactive lectures and hands-on practice of technique. In addition, an exploration of channel-based physiology will be presented from the text Applied Channel Theory in Chinese Medicine. Subjects covered will include:
- Classical channel physiology and a discussion of how physiology manifests with specific, palpable changes on the acupuncture channels.
- Techniques for palpating each of the twelve major channels. This section of the class will involve hands-on work by the students; palpating channels on each other with feedback from the instructors.
- How to utilize information gleaned from channel palpation to refine and simplify diagnosis.
- Introduction to the acupuncture treatment style (including point selection) of Dr. Wang Ju-yi (王 居 易 ).
- Live demonstrations of channel palpation and diagnosis by the instructor with discussions of clinical strategies.
Please click here for a detailed course outline.
Jason D. Robertson is the co-author of Applied Channel Theory in Chinese Medicine (Eastland Press, 2008) with his teacher Professor Wang Ju-yi (王居易). Mr. Robertson has studied Chinese language for 20 years and has studied Chinese medicine in Chengdu and Beijing. He currently maintains a private practice in Seattle, WA, and is a full-time faculty member at the Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine. Mr. Robertson has taught courses on channel theory and diagnosis around the world.
Saturday and Sunday, October 22-23, 2016, 9:00am-5:30pm
Regular – $300 (Early Bird – $285, until September 1)
Students* – $275 (Early Bird – $250, until September 1)
PRC Alumni – $285 (Early Bird – $265, until September 1)
*PRC diploma students will receive 1 ACU academic credit for this workshop.
To register, please click on the registration button below. Full payment is due at time of registration to confirm placement in the course. Payment can be made via MasterCard or Visa, debit, cash and cheque.
For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person 30 days or more before the start of the course, registrants will receive a full tuition refund less a $40 non-refundable registration fee. For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person more than 14 days but less than 30 days before the start of the course, registrants will receive a 50% tuition refund. Without exception, no refunds will be given for course withdrawals less than 14 days before the start of the course.