Collaborative Oncology – A Phytotherapy Perspective (Level 1)
with Chanchal Cabrera, January 27-28, 2018
A 2-day intensive on the biochemistry and the energetics, prevention and treatment of cancer. Designed for advanced students and health professionals wishing to deepen their understanding of the biomechanics of cancer and allopathic and holistic treatment protocols.
This course covers:
- What cancer is, how it starts, how it progresses, what goes wrong and what can be done to counteract the aberrant cell behaviours
- How to read blood work, what other ways of testing are open to herbalists and how to assess the cancer patient.
- Cancer prevention and immune building protocols
- Why the liver is so important and how to support it
- How hormones can influence cancer
- Why blood sugar matters so much
- Understanding the biomechanics of cancer – pathophysiology, disease initiation and progression.
- Stress, Liver and the Immune system in cancer – materia medica for building the foundation (adaptogens, alteratives and immune tonics).
- Individualizing the protocols – treatment planning: tests and assessments, stabilizing DNA, modulating growth factors, anti-angiogenesis, strengthening connective tissue, normalizing hormones.
Chanchal Cabrera, MSc, FNIMH, (RH)AHG, has been a member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (UK) since 1987 and obtained her MSc in herbal medicine at the University of Wales in 2003. Her clinical specialty is helping people manage cancer. Chanchal has held the faculty chair in Botanical Medicine at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in New Westminster since 2004. She serves on the board of advisors of Dominion Herbal College in Burnaby, on the editorial board of Medical Herbalism clinical newsletter and she publishes widely in professional journals and lectures internationally on medical herbalism, nutrition and health. Chanchal is the author of the book ‘Fibromyalgia – A Journey Toward Healing’ published by Contemporary Books. She is a certified Master Gardener and a certified Horticulture Therapist.
Chanchal lives on Vancouver Island, British Columbia where she and her husband farm 7 acres. They grow food for 10 households, culinary herbs for restaurants and medicinal herbs for her clinic. They also run therapy gardens for people with disabilities and host internships in organic farming and herbal medicine. In 2009 Chanchal was honored with a Fellowship in the NIMH for service to the profession over 25 years.
Saturday and Sunday, January 27-28, 2018, 9:00am-6:00pm
Regular – $300 (Early Bird – $285, until December 1)
Students* – $275 (Early Bird – $250, until December 1)
PRC Alumni – $285 (Early Bird – $265, until December 1)
*PRC diploma students will receive 1 WHS academic credit for this workshop.
To register, please click on the registration button below. Full payment is due at time of registration to confirm placement in the course. Payment can be made via MasterCard or Visa, debit, cash and cheque.
For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person 30 days or more before the start of the course, registrants will receive a full tuition refund less a $40 non-refundable registration fee. For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person more than 14 days but less than 30 days before the start of the course, registrants will receive a 50% tuition refund. Without exception, no refunds will be given for course withdrawals less than 14 days before the start of the course.