Nutritional Considerations for Athletes: How to empower and bring out the best in ourselves and who we work with
with Andrea Hayes, February 8-9, 2020
This workshop was created to help you take your passion for wellness and empower the inner athlete within those you work with and within yourself. Whether you work with the general population, recreational athletes or elite athletes, or simply want to take your own health and fitness to the next level, this workshop will help you:
- Develop a better understanding of what it means, and what is required, to be an athlete
- Understand the difference between elite athleticism and elite nutritional level
- Create nutritional plans based on nutritional level, the hierarchy of nutritional needs, and lifestyle preferences
- Understand macronutrient requirements, how to establish a baseline and how to make outcome-based adjustments
- Plant-based diets and other special considerations, including how to coach lifestyle preferences that vary from your own
- Supplementation: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Measure the costs and benefits associated with more advanced nutritional plans
- Understand the importance of rest and recovery in sport and how nutrition can help
- Master the ability to create clear, outcome based goals and break them down into the tangible, implementable steps that can be executed today
- Garner a deeper understanding of behavioral change and tactics to enhance client buy in, trust and accountability
- Conversational tactics, including crucial conversations and understanding and managing lies
- And more
This 2-day workshop will contain informational components, as well as case study analyses, providing attendees the chance to apply their learnings and have group discussions along the way.
Andrea was a collegiate athlete and has a love for sport and all things health and wellness. She is passionate about empowering others to be their best selves and loves finding ways to help the inner athlete flourish in those she works with. She is a big proponent of sustainable lifestyle solutions that fit the context of a person’s life. Small changes can go a long way and, in her experience, consistently doing the imperfect plan often leads to better results than the perfect plan that is rarely executed. Her educational background includes:
- BSc. in Exercise and Health Physiology
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 and Level 2 Certified
- Pre- and Post-Natal Certified
After spending 3.5 years as a personal trainer, Andrea made the transition to running her own online health and wellness business for the last 6.5 years.
To fuel her love of all thing’s psychology, communication and human behavior related, she also hosts international hostage and crisis negotiators to lead workshops that help folks better connect, understand and influence those they interact with.
Saturday and Sunday, February 8-9, 2020, 9:00am-5:00pm
Regular – $300 (Early Bird – $285, until December 15)
Students* – $275 (Early Bird – $250, until December 15)
PRC Alumni – $285 (Early Bird – $265, until December 15)
*PRC diploma students will receive 1 NU academic credit for this workshop.
To register, please click on the registration button below. Full payment is due at time of registration to confirm placement in the course. Payment can be made via MasterCard or Visa, debit, cash and cheque.
For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person 30 days or more before the start of the course, registrants will receive a full tuition refund less a $40 non-refundable registration fee. For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person more than 14 days but less than 30 days before the start of the course, registrants will receive a 50% tuition refund. Without exception, no refunds will be given for course withdrawals less than 14 days before the start of the course.