Raw Food Celebration: Sweet and Savoury Recipes
with Heather Pace, February 25-26, 2017
Join Heather Pace, author of Sweetly Raw Desserts, to learn how to prepare raw vegan food that is not only healthy, but it tastes great too. These recipes are also gluten free, grain free, soy free, and refined sugar free. Bring you appetite as there will be food samples.
Regardless of what kind of diet you eat, incorporating more raw food into your life will have a beneficial impact on your well-being. Forget deprivation! Many of the recipes we will be making are raw versions of classic cooked dishes and there is sure to be something for every palate. Learn how to indulge your sweet tooth with desserts that are delicious, nutritious, and energizing.
A Day In The Raw Life: Savoury Recipes
• Raw food basics: What is raw vegan? Benefits of eating more raw food. Ingredients, Equipment.
• Breakfast: Smoothies and Porridges: Almond milk, Green smoothie, Superfood protein shake, chia porridge 3 ways
• Quick and easy lunches: “Tuna” salad wraps, veggie nori rolls, caesar salad
• Building a better salad: Vegetable prepping techniques
• Entrees: Fajitas, Lasagna, Pesto zucchini noodles, Creamy almond ginger kelp noodles
• Snacks: Veggies with cheddar cheese dip, Zucchini hummus, Almond butter banana bites
Have Your Cake and Eat It Too: Sweet Recipes
• Tools and techniques
• Basic Ingredients
• Ice cream and Frozen Desserts Banana ice cream, Easy fruit sorbet, Ice Cream Sundae
• Chocolate Dark chocolate, Trail mix chocolate clusters, flavoured chocolate, moulded chocolates
• Cakes Strawberry cheesecake, caramel apple cheesecake
• Cookies and Bars Chocolate chip cookies, Brownies
• Puddings and Parfaits Banana Chocolate Parfait, Pumpkin Pudding
• Pies and Tarts Apple crumble, Mango lime tarts
Heather Pace’s passion for food led her to the completion of a two year culinary school program at the age of 19. She used her valuable skills and experience to create healthy vegan, and later raw vegan versions of traditional foods. Heather has worked in various restaurants, bakeries, and as a personal chef. She is the author of Sweetly Raw Desserts published by Quarry Books and seven raw dessert e-books. Heather teaches raw food classes and is a certified Kripalu yoga instructor. Find her books and recipes on her blog www.SweetlyRaw.com.
Saturday and Sunday, February 25-26, 2017, 9:00am-5:00pm
Regular – $300 (Early Bird – $285, until January 4)
Student – $275 (Early Bird – $250, until January 4)
PRC Alumni – $285 (Early Bird – $265, until January 4)
*PRC diploma students will receive 1 NU academic credit for this workshop.
To register, please click on the registration button below. Full payment is due at time of registration to confirm placement in the course. Payment can be made via MasterCard or Visa, debit, cash and cheque.
For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person 30 days or more before the start of the course, registrants will receive a full tuition refund less a $40 non-refundable registration fee. For course withdrawals submitted in writing or in person more than 14 days but less than 30 days before the start of the course, registrants will receive a 50% tuition refund. Without exception, no refunds will be given for course withdrawals less than 14 days before the start of the course.